I am currently sitting in Owens by myself, at a table, eating lunch, and doing homework. It is strangely satisfying. I feel independent, and not insecure. Four years ago you wouldn't catch me dead sitting at a table by myself eating, let alone by myself in any way. I look around and see several familiar faces, but for the most part I see who I assume are freshman and sophomores trudging in from their residence halls at 11:20 am on a Thursday to grab lunch before their 12:30 class.
It's times like this where I look around and realize how far I've come since August 2008, day 1 of college. I remember moving in, knowing only one person in my dorm, but more than ready to meet as many people as possible to create my new web of friends. Each year I grew more sure of who I was becoming, excited to see where my future would lead me. Now it's here. I graduate in 29 days - it is something I cannot believe is actually here. I have been SO ready for months. Ready to leave the bubble of Blacksburg, to find out what is coming next and take life - a real life, not college life. I have cultivated amazing friendships, gained a group of sisters I could not be more thankful for, and experienced four years that have made me into the person I am today. Of course it's college and there have been high points and low points, but I have had an amazing experience and I could not be more thankful for what I have been exposed to in college, both good and bad.
Just a few thoughts on a Thursday morning. Happy April!
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment