Hello blogosphere.
I want to apologize for not living up to any expectations that I set this summer as far as blogging went. I was very successful for a string of months, and then as school hit, I fell off the gravy train - my fault.
Coming back to school has been a whirlwind of emotions and excitement all rolled into one. Not only am I the busiest I have ever been, but, somehow I feel the most in control I have ever felt. Having every day and almost every moment of those days planned gives me this feeling that nothing can touch me, no one can change what I am trying to do and no one has say about what happens except for me. It is sort of like a power trip, but not in a bad way, in a way that I feel good about.
I love my apartment and my roommates, but I feel very guilty that I do not get to spend more time with them during the week. I seem to leave my house between 7:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. everyday and do not return until 10 or 11 p.m. at night - which obviously leaves little time for socializing.
I honestly cannot complain about this year with classes and activities, but there is one thing I wish would change, and that is people asking "why, how, are you insane?" sort of questions on an almost daily basis. I think that it is a personal thing as to how involved/how uninvolved/busy you decide to be in college, and if I want to be involved in lots of things and have my days planned out to a tee, then it is my right and privilege to do so. I don't think I need to get dirty looks when explaining myself to others. Just something I needed to rant about, but now that is done, so I can move on.
Over the past few weeks I have been really contemplating future career paths and researching ideas and careers like it is my job (HA - get that? I am funny, or at least I think so). Sometimes I wish college was over and I just go into the "real world" right now and start my life, but then I bring myself back down to earth and remember that college is one of the best times I am going to ever have and I need to enjoy every minutes, so I am trying to remember that each and every day.
I have learned a lot over the past few months about myself, and I finally feel like I feel completely comfortable with the place I am in and the decisions that I am making, and honestly, have never been happier with myself and my actions.
I hope everyone that is reading this has had a very successful start to their school/work year and that you make the most of it, because what is there to lose? Seize every opportunity possible, you won't regret it - I promise.
with love and hope,
Kelsey
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment