It is finally here: the summer I have been waiting for all of my life, my summer. My summer of independence, responsibility and relaxation. It is going to be amazing.
As I lay here on a Wednesday night in my comfortable bed at home, staring at monstrous piles of stuff in my room (which I am dreading unpacking) I cannot help but think about how great/not great/exciting/new this year was. Relationships strengthened, new friendships rose, my GPA rose, I got more involved - overall, it was a very successful year.
This last semester was especially stressful because of the mix of classes and activities I had going on. That is why I am so ready for this summer - the summer of "me."
I will be living in the suburbs on D.C. (Springfield) with family friends, but everything else I will be doing is independent. Figuring out the metro system, riding the metro everyday, walking around D.C. by myself everyday, going to work everyday, taking on an entirely new routine of responsibility - it going to be amazing.
Basically I cannot wait. I leave Memorial Day weekend for D.C. - expect a lot of blogs about my experiences and adventures in the big city.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment