As I was sitting in American Literature yesterday, my professor began talking about how we carry around sins and keep secrets from people. This got me thinking - we all really do carry around "secret sins." I know I do. Some of them I share with certain people, but others I keep completely to myself. When I heard the words "secret sins," my mind immediately went to relationships and how we all have sins that we commit within relationships with our friends, family, and significant others. Then, I began writing down the lyrics to "Wonderwall" by Oasis, because when I think about relationships, I think about this song - I absolutely love it. Professor Mooney then mentioned being "victims of fate" and I, of course, related that to something completely different than what he intended us to think about it as.
I believe in fate - and I do believe that we are victims of fate in different aspects of our life. We do not meet people accidentally. You meet people because of fate. You find your friends because of fate. You fall in love because of fate. I believe that there is a plan for all of us to meet in the ways that we do. We really are victims of fate. Say you meet someone and you don't like them, but they grow on you over a period of time, and then you become friends. Fate. You were meant to be friends. Or you are in the produce section of Kroger one day, and you accidentally bump carts with a cute fellow shopper. Fate. Or, a meet-cute when talking about destined lovers. It is your meet-cute: I learned that thanks to The Holiday, aka my favorite movie. Isn't it interesting to think how we all meet? I met my best friends in college because of one guy that I knew in my dorm. For me, that is fate. Fate can work in all aspects of our life, not just with the people we meet, but I am not even going to begin to go into that.
Just remember, the next person that you meet could be someone that really impacts your life in ways that you never could have imagined. Fate. They could be your wonderwall. They could be the Seth to your Summer (I hope people understand this - if not, go watch the O.C.)
They could be your destiny. You never know - it's fate.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kelsey
seriously get out of my head.
everything you write, I feel that I've thought of.
p.s. You've motivated me to give up facebook for lent so it's day one for me too :)
Post a Comment